Conveniently located to serve the Connecticut, New York, and the Tri-State area
Pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing can permanently alter your figure and affect your confidence. Many women feel frustrated when they look in the mirror and see a loose belly that does not respond to diet and exercise or sagging breasts that were perky in the past. For patients who want to reclaim their pre-pregnancy figures and achieve a firmer, more youthful look, we offer a mommy makeover, which is a customized combination of plastic surgery procedures. A mommy makeover at our Greenwich, CT, practice can reverse the physical toll that pregnancy and childbirth have taken on your body and give you a younger-looking figure and appearance.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Elsa Raskin is an experienced, board-certified female plastic surgeon who can determine your candidacy for this treatment when you come in for an initial consultation at our plastic surgery practice. An ideal candidate should have realistic expectations about the results of a mommy makeover, and should not plan on having any more children. Dr. Raskin will go through your medical records and discuss your aesthetic goals before creating your personalized mommy makeover plan.
Patients should note that a mommy makeover is not a weight loss program, and is not suitable for addressing obesity. In addition, patients who plan on losing a significant amount of weight are not good candidates for this treatment. Ideal candidates will be at a stable weight and in good overall health.
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Dr. Elsa Raskin
The Benefits of a Mommy MakeoverThis procedure offers a number of benefits:
- By combining multiple procedures into a single operation, the patient only has to factor in one recovery period, which is extremely appealing when you are trying to raise a family. Without multiple periods of painful downtime, patients can return to their daily lives much sooner.
- Not only does a mommy makeover save you time, it also saves money. The cost of this combination procedure and its recovery is much lower than the price of undergoing multiple surgical sessions and multiple recovery periods.
- A mommy makeover gives patients perkier and more youthful breasts after pregnancy and nursing with the help of a breast augmentation, a breast lift, or both.
- It offers patients a flatter, smoother abdomen after excess fat and skin has been removed and their separated stomach muscles have been reconnected and tightened.
- It provides sculpted contours after liposuction has been used to remove stubborn pockets of fat. Many women find that they can once again fit into clothes and styles they wore pre-pregnancy.
How long should I wait after pregnancy to consider a mommy makeover?
Ideally you should wait one year after your pregnancy to consider plastic surgery. Your weight should be stable and you should have gotten back into your exercise routine. A mommy makeover consists of a whole-body rejuvenation to return as close as possible to your pre-pregnancy body. Volume swings after breastfeeding are very unpredictable and it is best to wait a full 6 months after finishing breastfeeding.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Starting with the breast, one can have a simple breast lift, a breast augmentation (with implants and /or fat grafting) or a lift and reduction combination. The abdominal section usually needs some form of tightening and fat reduction; from the full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) with and without liposuction, to Smartlipo. Each mommy makeover is unique and is designed to meet the patient’s individual requirements. Treatment commonly involves breast and body procedures, but can also include other surgeries. Your personalized selections may include options such as:
- Tummy Tuck – to tighten loose and sagging muscles and skin of the abdomen and the midsection
- Thigh Lift – to smoothen flabby or loose thighs by removing excess fat and skin
- Butt Lift – to create a perkier shape and enhance the contours of the buttocks
- Body Lift – a combination of different procedures including a tummy tuck, a thigh lift, or butt lift, to completely enhance the contours of your body
- Breast Lift (mastopexy) – to lift sagging or drooping breasts and refine the bust line
- Breast Augmentation – to augment and enhance the shape and size of your breasts using saline or silicone gel implants
- Liposuction – to remove fat deposits and refine the shape of your figure
- Labiaplasty – to address enlarged or elongated labia post-pregnancy
These procedures are typically performed under general anesthesia and Dr. Raskin can combine procedures as long as it is safe to do so. Depending on the number of procedures included in your treatment, you may have to undergo one or more surgeries.
“Each mommy makeover is unique and is designed to meet the patient’s individual requirements.”
“MY CORE IS STRONG AND READY TO SUPPORT ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. THANK YOU DR. Raskin!”
From the moment I spoke to Eileen in Dr Raskin’s office, I was at ease that I had found the right place to repair my abdominal area. I had twins 5 years ago, and even with diet and exercise, I could not get my abs to go back together. I was having back pain and constant discomfort around my middle section. My experience with Dr Raskin was incredible. She was professional and knowledgeable; working with me as an individual to find the best solution. The surgery and recovery went exactly as she had told me. She prepared me for everything and was in constant contact with me as I recovered. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. My results speak for themselves, but the most positive thing for me is the comfort this surgery has brought me. I no longer feel unsupported; my core is strong and ready to support me for the rest of my life. Thank you Dr Raskin!LM, Mommy Makeover
Post-surgery recovery depends on the number and extent of procedures you undergo for the makeover. The day of your surgery you should make arrangements to be driven back home. If you undergo only a tummy tuck or breast procedure, you can expect to take at least one to two weeks off work to recover. A full body lift and different combinations of procedures will increase the amount of recovery time you require. Inflammation, irritation, and pain will subside with time, and you can start experiencing the results of your makeover.
Contact Us to Learn More
Dr. Raskin is a highly trained and experienced plastic surgeon who strives to provide quality care and is supported by a dedicated team that works to ensure patient comfort and safety. Our practice is a highly popular choice among clients, including satisfied mommy makeover patients. Call us at 203-861-6620 or contact us to learn more, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Raskin.